Created on the initiative of researchers and physicians at Necker Hospital, Institute Imagine develops scientific programs based on continuity between basic research, clinical research and innovative care on genetic diseases and genetic predispositions to common diseases, from childhood to adulthood. Imagine aims to accelerate research by organizing it as close as possible to the patient in order to provide the diagnostic and therapeutic solutions long awaited by patients and their families.
FUNCTIONS AND MISSIONS
An engineer position for 36 months (INCa contract / Imagine Institute) is available in the laboratory "Genome dynamics in the immune system" in which are studied genetic diseases associated with DNA repair lesions and/or telomere protection.
The candidate will work on the project :"Impact of a RAD50 separation-of-function mutation on the activity of the MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 complex and oncogenesis"
The multifunctional MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 (MRN) complex plays a central role in response to DNA double strand breaks (DSBs). We recently identified an individual with immunohematological and developmental defects caused by biallelic RAD50 mutations. One of the mutations corresponds to the loss of a unique residue in the coiled-coil domain of RAD50, the function of which is still ill defined. Our analysis demonstrated that this mutation represents a separation-of-functions mutation that impairs the DNA repair, the DNA replication and the resection warranted by the MRN complex whithout affecting its ability to activate ATM (Chansel-Da Cruz et al., Cell reports. 2019). A knock-in mouse model carrying the same mutation has been produced.
The engineer will focus on the phenotypical characterization of RAD50 mutated cells and mouse model (genotyping, phenotypic analysis of cells and animals). The engineer will also participate to other projects of the team.
- He/She will need strong organizational and team working abilities to interact with different platforms and the members of the team,
- Expertise in animal experimentation (mouse model) is required,
- Skills in cellular, molecular and biochemical biology are necessary.
- Previous experience the field of 3R (repair, replication and recombination) will be appreciated.
- We are looking for a motivated and dynamic candidate with a Master degree, an engineer diploma or a PhD in biology.
- Fixed-term contracts within the 18-month limit,
- Salary to be defined on candidate profile,
- Taking office : As soon as possible.
The application file, including a cover letter and a detailed resume, is to be addressed, under the reference Imagine_187- Engineer position, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate must provide a complete resume and contacts (and/or letters) of two referents.