Cell sorting facility
- Claude-Agnès Reynaud
- Olivier Pellé
- Jérôme Mégret
The facility is compound of 3 sorters, 1 high performance analyser and 1 imaging flow cytometer whose major purpose is the identification and isolation of various cell populations thanks to fluorescent antibodies or dyes specific for cell surface of intracellular molecules. Furthermore, flow cytometry allows the analysis of cell proliferation, calcium influx, DNA content and integrity, transfection markers and the quantification of cytokines.
Facility instruments are at the disposal of independant users after self-booking on the reservation website. The facility is managed by technical and scientific staff available for training in the use of instruments and software programs, consultation in designing protocols, use of the instruments for non-independent investigators and analysis of the data.
The optical configuration of LSR Fortessa and FACS Aria II SORP (sorter) is able to detect up to 18 parameters through 5 Laser. Sorters (BD FACS Aria I, BD FACS Aria II SORP and Sony SH800) combine analyse and characterization of cells with sorting of cells of interest. The sorting can be done in bulk (all sorter) or by cloning one cell in one well (Aria I and Aria II SORP).
Facility core instruments :
- - Becton Dickinson LSR Fortessa analyser with 355nm, 405nm, 488nm 561nm and 632nm Lasers, permits to analyse up to 18 parameters.
- - Becton Disckinson FACS Aria sorter with 407nm, 488nm and 632nm, permits to analyse up to 12 parameters and to sort up to sort 4 different populations.
- - Becton Disckinson FACS Aria II SORP sorter with 355nm, 405nm, 488nm 561nm and 632nm Lasers, permits to analyse up to 18 parameters and to sort 4 different populations.
- - SONY SH800 sorter with 2 Laser 488nm and 561nm, permits to analyse 8 parameters and to sort up to 2 populations simultaneously.
- - Amnis ImageStreamx Mark II, imager flow cytometer, combines classical flow cytometry with the detailed imagery and functional insights of microscopy.