Published on 04.03.2021
A virtuous loop around patients
Institut Imagine was designed to bring together physicians and researchers in a single location around patients. The objective: to go further and faster in the diagnosis, understanding of the disease, care and treatment of patients with genetic diseases through an approach combining research and clinical research.
Located at the heart of the Necker campus, Institut Imagine benefits from the expertise of the clinical services and reference centers for rare diseases of Hôpital Necker-Enfants malades AP-HP affiliated with it. These include a highly specialized hospital team with paramedical, medico-social, psychological, educational and social skills. They facilitate diagnosis, take care of patients, coordinate research work and act as contacts for patient associations.
6 new reference centers joined Imagine :
- Inherited cardiomyopathies and cardiac rythm disorders – Albert Hagège
- Cardiomyopathies of neuromuscular diseases – Karim Wahbi
- Inherited cardiac diseases – Damien Bonnet
- Renal thrombotic microangiopathy – Aude Servais
- Idiopathic nephrotic syndrome– Olivia Boyer et Bertrand Knebelmann
- Neuromuscular diseases – Isabelle Desguerre
To learn more about the reference centers for rare diseases affiliated to the Institut Imagine
To learn more about the reference centers and the rare diseases platform of Hôpital Necker-Enfants malades AP-HP