We have an opening for a Laboratory Administrator to support the Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases (HGID) led by Drs. Jean-Laurent Casanova and Laurent Abel at the Imagine Institute in Paris. The HGID Lab investigates the human genetic determinism of infectious diseases. The lab is international, with a second branch in New York at The Rockefeller University, and works with numerous collaborators in all corners of the world.
We are targeting a bright, driven individual with a strong interest in management, superb organization, exceptional communication skills, leadership qualities, enthusiasm for the scientific work of the lab, and a desire to take on new challenges.
- Provide grant administration support including deadline tracking/communicating reminders, verification of application completeness/adherence to sponsor requirements, preparation of budget requests, first round of editing, management of database for all submitted applications, post-award management including progress report submissions, seeking out new funding opportunities.
- Assist with budget oversight, management of awards, review/payment of invoices.
- Serve as liaison with various departments at Imagine Institute and Inserm, and assist lab head with correspondences.
- Assist with regulatory issues, including human ethics protocols and technology transfer matters, and assist external/foreign collaborators with these issues.
- Support human resource-related matters for new and existing lab members, including facilitation of new appointments/re-appointments, visa support, orientation for new members, coordination with visitors.
- Assist with management of society memberships (payment of annual dues, circulation of membership notifications and other correspondences).
- Assist with organization of conferences (advertising, fundraising, communication to presenters and attendees, travel arrangements for speakers, program and name badge design/printing, etc.).
- Assist with social media outreach (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), perform periodic laboratory website updates.
- Assist with submission of publications, review funding/acknowledgements, ensure publications are in compliance with funding policies including deposition to public repositories.
- Oversee administrative team of the lab (presently 4 members).
- Collaborate with the laboratory administrator of the New York branch on all matters.
- Perform proofreading services as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree or at least 3 years of experience in management of a large team as a leader
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in English and French (writing and speaking)
- Proficient in Microsoft, Adobe, experience in running a database
- Attention to detail a must
- Enthusiasm for the scientific work of the lab
- Team player who collaborates well and communicates effectively and efficiently
Please contact: Emmanuelle Jouanguy, firstname.lastname@example.org