Published on 28.09.2021
DNA, research, genetics, cells, laboratory... Our researchers welcome you to discover the world of research and how it works. Throughout the day, workshops, conferences, an exhibition and a career forum will allow the public, including young people, to immerse themselves in science.
Practical and fun workshops for all audiences
What is DNA, what is a cell? What do they look like, how can we see and observe them? Take part in our workshops for children and adults.
- Workshops on extracting DNA from fruits, at 2, 3 and 4 pm. Duration: about 45 minutes
- Workshops to observe cells under the microscope, continuously from 2 to 6 pm
- Entering and working in an experimental laboratory (L2): how to dress, what precautions to take? Continuous from 2 to 2:30 pm, from 1 to 3:30 pm and from 4 to 4:30 pm
Careers forum: discover the research professions
The jobs in science and research are very diverse and cover many fields, from science and medicine to business development and company creation. Engineers, researchers, doctors, clinical research technicians, business developers, grant officers, scientific communication officers...come and meet the people who contribute to research. Ask them questions about their jobs, their training and their prospects.
See you on Saturday, October 9 from 2 to 4 pm.
Interactive thematic conferences
Participate in our conferences led by researchers and doctors from the Imagine Institute and the Necker-Enfants malades AP-HP campus:
- 10am: What is DNA? Explanations with illustrations and drawings
- 11am: Research jobs: how does a research institute/laboratory work, what jobs are there, what prospects?
- 12pm: Genetic diseases and tests: what is a genetic disease, a genetic test, genetic counseling?
- 2:00 pm: 20 years of genome sequencing: what is sequencing, when should it be done, how does it work, how to analyze the data?
- 3:30 pm : Gene Therapy
Visits of the Institute
Discover the Imagine Institute during a guided tour in small groups, at 11:30 am, 2:30 pm and 4 pm. Duration, about 30-45 min
Exhibition on genetics
What is DNA, what are our genes, what explains our differences, what is a genetic disease?
Exhibition open continuously, from 10 am to 6 pm
Free animations. Registration to the event via this form : bit.ly/2Y0BcQg
The program will be progressively updated, do not hesitate to come and consult it again.
The health pass is mandatory to enter Imagine and participate to the animations. Places for conferences, visits and workshops are limited, access subject to availability.
Meeting point: 24 boulevard du Montparnasse 75015 Paris
To learn more about the Imagine Institute
On the campus of the Necker-Enfants malades AP-HP hospital, the Imagine Institute is the leading European center for research and care of genetic diseases. It brings together 1,000 of the best doctors, researchers and healthcare personnel. Let Pr Stanislas Lyonnet, Director of Imagine, and Marie de Bazelaire, Director of Communications, take you on a virtual tour of the Institute through our video.