Published on 02.09.2022
An exceptional auction
For this 4th edition, prestigious works of contemporary art and design, as well as unique experiences, have been brought together in a catalog that has been designed to be rare and precious, in the image of young patients with genetic diseases.
It includes 38 unique lots, including 24 works of art and design objects and 14 exceptional moments.
Accelerating research on genetic diseases
Since its inception in 2015, this gala has brought together major international galleries and artists from around the world to support Institut Imagine's researchers and physicians, who work daily to understand and cure genetic diseases. This charity sale is fundamental to the future of Institut Imagine. It should allow the Institute to accelerate its major strategic projects and to meet its needs in terms of equipment and talent.
The first three editions have brought together many very generous donors and raised nearly 3 million euros in 2015, 4.3 million in 2016, and 7 million in 2018.
The 4th edition in 2022 raised more than 8 million euros.
The latest edition in 2018 made it possible to
- To purchase a high-throughput DNA sequencer (NovaSeq) that has increased the rate of diagnosis of children from 20% to 50%.
- To recruit new research teams, including two specialized in neurodevelopmental disorders. These disorders affect half of the children received at the Institute
- To invest in personalized medicine, particularly in gene therapy and advanced single-cell technology analysis
- To invest in research on non-coding DNA, which makes up 98% of the human genome
Unfailing generosity in the service of sick children
This fourth edition is a continuation of the first three. In 2022, Kamel Mennour and all the friends of Institut Imagine involved in this gala, renew their commitment and hope to break records again, for the patients and their families.
Institut Imagine thanks each of them from the bottom of its heart:
- Kamel Mennour who had the audacity to imagine Heroes, quickly joined by Clémence and Didier Krzentowski of the kreo gallery
- François de Ricqlès who led Christie's in this adventure from the beginning. This year the auctioneers are : Cécile Verdier, President of Christie's France, Julien-Vincent Brunie and François de Ricqlès
- Gad Elmaleh, master of ceremonies,
- The Heroes Committee, presided par Pierre-René Lemas : Isabelle Amiel-Azoulai, Nicolas Bazire, Elisabetta Beccari, Olivier Bialobos, Florence de Botton, Gad Elmaleh, Marc-Olivier Fogiel, Stéphane Fouks, Sébastien Hatte, Christiane Houzé, Ramzi Khiroun, Didier et Clémence Krzentowski, François Marcadé, Anne Marcassus, Kamel Mennour, Julien Pradels, François de Ricqlès, Fati et Michel Rosenberg, Philippe Ségalot, Pascale Siegrist-Mussard et Cécile Verdier.
- Donors of works: Jeremy Demester, Cécile et Clyde Fakhoury, Galerie Mariane Ibrahim, Yukie Ishikawa et Blum & Poe, Galerie kreo, Galerie Kugel, Galerie Jacques Lacoste et Galerie Patrick Seguin, Kamel Mennour et Galerie kamel mennour, Jean-Michel Othoniel, Galerie Lucas Ratton, Sophie et Jean-Lou Tepper
- Artists and creators: Virgil Abloh †, Baya †, Edward Barber et Jay Osgerby, Amoako Boafo, Daniel Buren, Ymane Chabi-Gara, Jeremy Demester, Latifa Echakhch, Douglas Gordon, Dhewadi Hadjab, Petrit Halilaj, Jaime Hayon, Camille Henrot, Yukie Ishikawa, Tadashi Kawamata, Bertrand Lavier, Lee Ufan, Jean-Michel Othoniel, Philippe Parreno, Ugo Rondinone, Jean Royère †, Giuseppe Sarao †, Kassou Seydou
- Personalities and houses: Yannick Alléno, Yvan Bourgnon, Dior, DMLS TV, Ferrari, Hermès, Ministère des Armées, Musée du Louvre, Kylian Mbappé, Renault-Alpine, Roland-Garros, Gilles Moretton & Yannick Noah, Fonds de dotation de la FFT, Ellen von Unwerth, Marco Verratti et Veuve-Cliquot
- Galleries and their teams: Blum & Poe - Los Angeles / New York / Tokyo, Mariane Ibrahim, Galerie kreo, Galerie Kugel, Galerie Jacques Lacoste et Galerie Patrick Seguin, Galerie Lucas Ratton, kamel mennour
- Partners and sponsors: Galerie kamel mennour, Galerie kreo, Christie’s France, Dior, Marcadé Event
The "Heroes for Imagine" exhibition is open from September 1 to 11 (except September 4) from 11 am to 7 pm at 28 avenue Matignon, Paris 8.